Ben Long, President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Long, a highly respected entrepreneur, provides operational oversight of LongView. He directly develops and manages the company’s overall strategy and revenue generation activities.
Mr. Long retired from the U.S. Navy after a distinguished 30-year military career. During his military career, Mr. Long held a variety of assignments throughout the world, with his last 12 years of active duty served at the Office of the Secretary of Defense in Washington, DC. Six of those years he managed a $20 billion hybrid defense appropriation comprised of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation; Procurement; and Maintenance and Operations; and for six years was the DoD IT Program Manager for a large information technology program management office, managing the secure development, deployment and sustainment of a number of critical and complex worldwide IT projects and systems.
Mr. Long holds advanced degrees from Saint Louis University, Syracuse University, Naval Postgraduate School, and diplomas from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF), the Information Resources Management College at the National Defense University and the prestigious USMC Amphibious Warfare School. Mr. Long is also an inaugural graduate of both the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV), Syracuse University, and The Veterans Institute of Procurement, Montgomery Chamber of Commerce.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) -- Project Management Institute
- Certified as a DoD and a Federal Chief Information Officer
- DoD Acquisition DAWIA Level III Program Manager
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Advanced Professional Designation in Logistics Management -- Society of Logistics Engineers
- U.S. Navy Specialty Designations in Financial Management, Integrated System Logistics, Fleet Marine Corps Operations and Information Technology
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Small Business Leader of the Year, Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- CIO Magazine “Top 100” Award
- E-Gov Institute/Federal Computer Weekly “Pioneer” Award and “Government’s Choice” Award
- Secure E-Biz Leadership Team Award
- USD (Comptroller) Top Award for Innovative Use of Technology to Improve Financial Management
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs “Champions of TRICARE”
- Distinguished Graduate, Advanced Management Program, National Defense University
- The Faculty Award for Administrative Excellence in Management, NPS, Monterey, CA